Fresh recipes - Desserts
Chocolate with caramelized hazelnuts
Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
▪ In a small saucepan, slowly melt coconut oil with 100 ml of maple syrup and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
Stirring often, you can use a water bath, too.
▪ Place baking paper on the sheet, spread the nuts over it, pour in the hot mixture and stir well so the nuts are properly “wrapped” in it
Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, stirring a few times, in the end – beware of burning
▪ In a water bath dissolve cocoa butter with the rest of maple syrup (150 ml), cocoa, and salt
The water shouldn´t boil
Stir until the mixture thickens to the consistency of pudding
It takes about 10 minutes and don´t underestimate this step
😉 Otherwise it could happen that the chocolate is too bitter and doesn´t solidifie correctly.
▪ Place a baking paper on the sheet and pour in the chocolate mixture
Sprinkle caramelized nuts over the top (and fruits if you decide to use them) and softly push into the mixture
Place into the freezer for 2 hours.
▪ On the sheet 25x36cm the chocolate will be about 1cm thick
If you use a smaller sheet/form, it will reduce the surface for nuts, so you can prepare less of them.
▪ Once removed from the freezer store the chocolate in a cool pantry or in the kitchen at room temperature, don´t worry it won´t melt
We´re sure you´ll have to prepare a new one very soon, anyway.
Experiment – try a variety of different nuts and dried fruits
To further seasoning use spices, possibly aromatic alcohol.